Resolved

Update by user May 31, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with partial refund. Finally, after posting negative reviews all over, a company rep contacted me and issued a small refund, about $40.

But this NEVER should have happened in the first place.

This company is clearly out to scam people. AVOID them!.

Original review posted by user May 01, 2021

Quoted a rate for a room, then charged a fee that was much, much higher. They pretended to be Hilton when I initially called then. Scammers!

User's recommendation: AVOID this company, they are scammers!

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Room Booking.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Getaroom Cons: This company scams people.

Comments

#2009858

After a couple phone calls, and filing a case with AMEX, getaroom did issue a partial refund. I am happy about that, but will never (purposely) use them again. I wonder if they train their agents to overcharge to see if they can get away with doing so.

#2009675

Waiting on a refund. . .

#2009633

Kay, Please know that we do take our customers' reviews very seriously. In follow-up, as you did not provide a booking number, we cannot work toward a favorable resolution.

We will note this case as closed due to no reply from customer. If you change your mind and wish for assistance, please provide your booking number as requested on this review platform.

Thank you. Sincerely, Getaroom

#2008696

Kay, We apologize for the negative experience with your booking. Your noted booking reference number will need to be provided so that a Service Resolutions Specialist can review this and reach out to you directly.

Thank you. Sincerely, Getaroom