Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Feb 11, 2021

I thought I was speaking with the hotel when I was in fact speaking with someone from www.getaroom.com. I asked if they needed my rewards number and they said they had it!

Duplicitous! When I got the email, I realized what had happened and called right back to cancel. They still charged me the $1882.75 after I called back. They didn't tell me they weren't going to refund me.

I rebooked with my hotel. On the getaroom website is says 72 hours and I called within the hour.

This is really a terrible thing to do to someone. The reservation was #R220423****

User's recommendation: Make sure you are contacting your hotel and not a third party.

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Customer Care.

Comments

#1985231

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective.

If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate you letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services. We understand from the complaint, you researched and found what you thought was a direct contact number for the Trump International Hotel Washington DC reservations department. While we understand that internet search results can sometimes be confusing, rest assured, we are authorized to provide our discounted rates through various sources, suppliers and affiliate partners. The hotel does provide their direct number and website on various internet search browsers as well.

Please accept our sincere apologies that you felt misled. Our records indicate that on 11/09/2020, 9:47 AM (America/New York) you purchased a hotel reservation for Trump International Hotel Washington DC located at 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest Washington, DC 20004. By securing this reservation over the phone, you had to agree to the terms and conditions of this booking prior to submitting payment. All prepaid reservations are fully disclosed by the Reservation Specialist with the cancellation policy, terms and conditions of booking, along with all the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees that was agreed to by you.

Cancellation Policy Each room in this reservation is subject to the hotel's cancellation policy which is: This reservation is non-refundable. There is no refund for no-shows or early checkouts. We reached out to the hotel to request a penalty waiver. Per the hotel they would not cancel the booking without penalty.

As a result, we are unable to process your request at this time.

We regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you and hope the information we provided above has adequately addressed your questions or concerns. kind regards, Consumer Relations

Getaroom Reviews