94 views
Verified Reviewer

Booked a room through them at a rate of $82. Site said free cancellations up to 24 hours before the booked day.

Got a confirmation email the next day stating a charge of 118.16. WOW almost 50% in fees. I was very upset. I called them and they offered $10 refund, I declined.

Called back and was a little more vocal and then they offered a $30 refund which I agreed to. I called the hotel directly and the original price that was advertised was what I would have got directly from the hotel INCLUDING TAXES. So they advertised the price I could have gotten directly from the hotel then they added almost 50% fee on top of that. Now I was really pissed so I called back and demanded a total refund which they were still reluctant to give.

However once I pushed the point that the website said free cancelations I was then given a total refund.

These guys are crooks and scammers with outright deceitful tactics.

It was not worth the headache. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Getaroom Pros: Deceitful practices.

Getaroom Cons: Deceitful practices.

Comments

Another option is to contact your State Dept of Consumer Protection. GetaRoom does not like to hear from them. Worked for me ( I got a full refund).

Getaroom Reviews