We booked our room over a month in advance to get a good rate on a nice hotel. We picked the hotel we booked based on a few great amenities like a free shuttle into the city, floor to ceiling windows with a Manhattan view and closeness to the city etc.

A few days prior to our trip they tried to move us from this 4 star hotel to a 3 star hotel that is a chain with no view, no shuttle and bad reviews. They said that the hotel we booked was over sold and i'm still not sure why we were the people to get shafted out of all the guests. I called them and they offered me a refund but it was too late for us to try and find and book something different at a reasonable price. They said they had to find us something else with comparable rates but the problem is that all the rates are way higher if you try to book a nice hotel a couple days in advance, so all the hotels with comparable rates for a last second room are way lower quality.

After being on the phone for over 3 hours I finally convinced them that this is completely wrong and comes across as a scam, and because I was very persistent they finally ended up finding us a better hotel. However, it is still further from the city, does not have a manhattan view and does not have a free shuttle. This all means we will be spending more money than planned and not enjoy our stay as much. They also waisted a bunch of my time on the phone/email and put us in a stressful situation right before our trip!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They hook you with a good deal on a nice Hotel, then they try to put you in something inferior a couple days before your trip when its too late to book something else decent at a reasonable price.

They acted very cold to us and really didn't care that we were disappointed and treated very unfairly. Seems like a scam if you ask me.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with GetARoom. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about GetARoom.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare GetARoom to other companies on our site.

Comments

Lake City, Florida, United States #1247743

I work at a Hotel in times square and sometimes we get overbook because the system doesn't help at all and shows rooms available, that happen sir not because of that you have to say any website is a scam ... its manage by a system and how a person would now that when helping you ...

and second we get a lot of clients like you ... how you expect a 3rd party to find you another hotel for that they have different prices and not from the same chain ... they cannot change the prices in the system they dont have that possibility ... they do have sometimes better rates but they cannot change the price that is on the system because thats a negotiated price between the hotel and them ...

so before complaining and saying they have no empathy just think is out of their reach ... i have booked with them a lot of times and even when i need something i dont sound demanding because I know that person on the phone is not guilty for something done by another person or the computer sytem