Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Aug 04, 2020

Credit card dispute and charge back.

Original review posted by user Aug 04, 2020

After agreeing to pay $168 for a hotel room and having the charge made against my credit card the invoice that followed included an extra $72.72 charge THAT WAS NOT DISCLOSED before requiring my credit card for payment and was ADDED to the posted hotel rate WITHOUT my knowledge and consent. A subsequent telephone call to the company yielded an offer of a 10% discount ($24.00 which was way short of the $72.00 that I had been upcharged), and the agent would not allow me cancel the reservation without forfeiting the entire charge.

The room was reserved with a no cancellation understanding, however, because of the additional charge after the fact of charging the credit card I reasoned that the non-cancellation policy, at that point, was also invalid.

The ensuing dispute placed with my credit card company was upheld. I lost a good hour out of my life, but in the end saved my money.

User's recommendation: Your mileage may differ, but I will avoid this company in the future.

Getaroom Cons: Undisclosed fees and scam.

Comments

#1905895

Hello, On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity. We do take our customers' reviews very seriously and we thank you in advance for updating your Star rating of your service experience on the Pissed Consumer site to reflect your satisfaction with your positive resolution.

Thank you. Sincerely, Getaroom