Verified Reviewer

I thought I was booking through the hotel website and not sure how I reached getaroom without realizing. Did not realize I had been charged 300$ extra for same room same dates compared to my friend who booked through the hotel.When I looked at my charges they had charged me $218.96 in reservation charge, something that neither the hotel nor any other third party sites were charging.

That was20% of my total booking charges. When I called them they said it was a standard charge and I should have seen it while booking, I dont think there was a breakup of the charges while paying final amount. They wanted to give me some refund ( not full) which was going to be only after I check out of the hotel. Cancellation was going to be $600 per them.

Big scam ! BEWARE of them when you are booking hotels

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Room Booking.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Getaroom Pros: That i know now never to use this company again.

Getaroom Cons: Undisclosed fees, Inflexibility, Unable to get refund.

Comments

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective.

If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate you letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services. By securing this reservation online, you had to agree to the terms and conditions of this booking prior to submitting payment. In addition, upon completion of your booking, an electronic copy of your itinerary was sent via email address that you provided. All prepaid reservations that are posted on our website are fully visible along with the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees.

In addition, the cancellation policy was fully disclosed at the time of booking and was agreed to by you at the time of purchase. After careful consideration and, despite the fact Getaroom is financially liable for this reservation, we will be issuing a refund in the amount of (US$218.96) back to the original form of payment. This refund will be processed after check out (July 24, 2020) and it will take approximately 3 – 5 business days to post back to the account. We have requested a cancellation with a full refund to the hotel and have been advised to follow up in 24-48 hours to confirm if it was approved.

Once we receive the response from the hotel we will contact you directly. Again, we regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused and hope you find this gesture to be sincere and in good faith. Thank you in advance for re-rating your customer service experience on the Pissed Consumer site, to reflect your satisfaction with the positive resolution.

On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom.com, we thank you for the service opportunity. Warm Regards, getaroom

@Getaroom.com

Lies. All lies.

Will definitely report this company to legal services on my military base so they can send out warnings to the service members and their families. All the negative reviews speak for themselves.

Getaroom Reviews