54 views
Verified Reviewer

On 2/24/21 I went to the Hotel website (Hampton Inn) and was under the impression that I was booking direct. Spoke with an agent, Raquel and requested a suite with ocean view for 6 days Unfortunately, ocean view was not available so I accepted a suite view with street view.

I provided my credit card and she then gave me my confirmation number. Before completing the call I asked what was the cancellation and was told we would be able to cancel by 2/27. I then asked her to confirm that I was getting a suite (separate bedroom) which Raquel then said no - separate bedroom, a couch in the room.

I then said this was not what I wanted and needed to cancel this reservation. All of sudden I was placed on hold and another agent picked up.

I was told if I wanted to cancel I would need to call the hotel directly, speak with their agent, cancel, get her name and call the get a room back with the agent's name and only then this POSSIBLY could be cancelled in 48 hours. I have never heard of such a process to cancel a reservatoin. Well, in 48 hours I would have already been a guest at the hotel for 1 night so that was not an option.

I was locked into staying at a place I didn't want and was totally misled by the original agent and given a riduculous, unacceptable process by the second agent. And above all was my credit card was immediately charged for the total of $1130.

I never received an email confirmation which they said I would get so thank goodness I wrote it down.

When I arrived at the hotel, they could not do anything for me since I booked with a third party (getaroom) and proceeded to tell me how many complaints they receive about this company.

Buyer beware - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY BOOKING.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Getaroom Pros: There are no pros.

Getaroom Cons: Everything and anything is a con.

Comments

#2007261

Jane, Great news-Your refund has been set up! An email has been sent to you directly detailing this information.

We do take all of our customers' reviews very seriously and would appreciate it if you would either update your negative comments on PissedConsumer with your positive resolution or remove them.

On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom.com, we thank you for the service opportunity. Sincerely, Getaroom

#2008149
@Getaroom.com

So.....two days have passed and I still have not received the email detailing the information you said you sent nor has any refund been credited to my credit card. Is this another scam??????

#2006760

Jane, Good morning, We apologize for the negative experience with your online booking. Your noted booking reference number will need to be provided so that a Service Resolutions Specialist can review this and reach out to you directly.

Thank you. Sincerely, Getaroom

#2006776
@Getaroom.com

Confirmation number was R234612**** and the booking reference number is 235-605****

#2008415
@PissedConsumer2006776

I have provided all the information I was asked for initially. I received a call from Courtney at getaroom on 4/27 confirming a partial refund which is wonderful and that an email was sent to me with all the details. All I am asking for is to receive the email and if there are any further instructions I need to follow, I will

#2011761
@PissedConsumer2008415

I am pleased to report I received 25% off which is fair based on the agent’s inability to provide proper and pertinent information. I would hope more training/retraining would be part of an overall plan especially in circumstances as this.

BTW.

The reason I didn’t get the emails they said they sent was because they had the wrong email. Once I spoke with with a customer service rep they resent.

Getaroom Reviews