Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Jul 20, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with partial refund. My credit card company has applied a credit for nearly the full amount.

I'm unsure who to give credit for resolving this issue -- the credit card company directly with whom I had filed a dispute or Pissed Consumer.

Either way, I'm VERY thankful and relieved. I never heard anything from Getaroom...whoever that is!!.

Original review posted by user Jun 17, 2021

My husband and I finally recovered enough from the virus and had hoped to be able travel to Virginia to visit friends in July. I accidentally clicked on the wrong hotel when making our reservation and unknowingly ended up with Getaroom.

Nowhere on the site was there any indication I was not dealing directly with the hotel. When I realized it was the wrong hotel I immediately (within ten hours) called to cancel and explained what I had done in my "brain fog" state. Told I could not get a refund...even after calling repeatedly hoping someone would have some compassion after a very difficult year. Finally asked for a supervisor.

Was put on hold and after an hour of waiting the call was disconnected. I am out $630 and am disputing the charge with my credit card issuer. I am extremely upset and now will be unable to travel due to this significant amount of money which in my mind is extortion. BUYER BEWARE!

And shame on this "business" which seems to prey on its customers. How is this legal?

User's recommendation: Total scam. Do not use and warn others!

Getaroom Pros: I want my refund, That i know now never to use this company again.

Getaroom Cons: Fraudulent site, Total con, Unwilling to allow anyone to talk to a manager, Deceptive website disguised as marriott.

Comments

#2025314

So you're saying you screwed up. Pay attention to what you're doing.

#2025313

Carol, Thank you for your patience with this as our Service Resolutions Team has researched your complaint. This reservation was not booked directly on the Getaroom.com site, or with one of our agents.

Our Service Team has contacted your booking agency in order to obtain a favorable resolution on your behalf. We recommend you contact them directly or they will reach out to you directly to assist further.

We do take all of our customers' reviews very seriously and would appreciate it if you would either update or remove your negative comments on PissedConsumer.com. Sincerely, Getaroom

#2026239
@Getaroom.com

When I called Marriott I was told the reservation was made through Priceline. I contacted Priceline who indicated it was not them directly but a "sister" company and gave me a phone number.

When I called the number the recording said "Thank you for calling Getaroom". I followed the prompts and my reservations was cancelled. I have no idea who this company is or how they ended up with my reservation.

I will be more than happy to update my complaint and give a very positive review if you are able to rectify this issue. Thank you for your assistance.

Getaroom Reviews