Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Jul 17, 2020

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund. GetARoom reached out to me after I wrote this review and thankfully issued me a full refund..

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2020

On June 11, 2020 I was looking online to make a reservation at Waikiki Grand Hotel for my wedding anniversary. When I typed the hotel name, I was unknowingly diverted to Get A Room website which looked identical to Waikiki Grand Hotel's website.

I went ahead and made my reservations thinking that it was Waikiki Grand Hotel's website.

I chose to pay in full for a refundable room, but after I submitted my credit card info, I was charged way more than what was on the prior screen. There were all these fees and charges, and even an extra $120 per room and extra $12 per day. All of these extra fees weren't mentioned BEFORE I finished booking! What made things worse was when I received a confirmation e-mail ensuring me that they "submitted" my reservation to "the hotel" and that my reservation was NON REFUNDABLE.

I have stayed at Waikiki Grand Hotel a total of 3 times.

I know their cancellation policy. All 3 times I made reservations with Waikiki Grand Hotel, I have never received an e-mail stating that my reservation was non-refundable.

Due to Covid-19, I purposely chose the refundable option prior to booking just in case there would be another travel ban in the future if the world was to have another pandemic.. so when I got the e-mail from "Hotel Value" which is also Get A Room, I knew something was very very wrong.

The e-mail have additional links that diverts you to other scam websites (I know because I read all the reviews). The e-mail have so many red flags.

1., the email address is Hotel Values 2., The headline says it's another company called Guest Reservations, 3., When I clicked on the cancellation link, it directs me to Get A Room website, 4., There are multiple phone numbers for customer service, yet each time I called, my call was dropped.

I don't know why 1 e-mail have so many red flags. All I know is, I've been scammed.

I called my bank to dispute the charge, because obviously I've been scammed by a fraudulent website pretending to be Waikiki Grand Hotel. Hopefully my bank will be able to help.

I finally got a human on the phone from one of the phone numbers provided, who by the way was EXTREMELY RUDE. This person didn't want to help me at all.

I calmly told customer service my situation this person just did not care. All she could say was, "unfortunately there's nothing I can do. Your reservation is non-refundable." and then proceeded to DROP MY CALL!

After the call, she sent me an e-mail that said, "We have created a hotel reservation ticket" .. I didn't ask for a reservation ticket..

I asked for a refund!

I called another number that was provided through the links and the rep said, "give me proof of the person you spoke with at your hotel, and give me proof that the hotel will issue a full refund, then we can refund you"

WHAT WAS SHE SAYING?!

How can the hotel issue a refund for me if I didn't even book through the hotel? I booked through this bogus

Get A Room website unknowingly!

This is exhausting.

I would really love to get a full refund for the inconvenience this has caused me. I just want this nightmare to be over.

My e-mail is Bson6178@***.com

User's recommendation: save yourself the headache and don't do what I did.

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Waikiki Grand Hotel Room Booking.

Getaroom Pros: Fees are more than the room rate, Deceitful practices.

Getaroom Cons: There was not full disclosure of price before confirmation, Fraudulent website, Undisclosed fees and scam, Scam routing to their website, Poor customer service.

Comments

Hello, Great news-Your refund has been processed! On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity and for your patience.

We do take our customers' reviews very seriously and we thank you in advance for re-rating or deleting your customer service experience on the Pissed Consumer site to reflect your satisfaction with the positive resolution. Sincerely, Getaroom

Getaroom Reviews