Verified Reviewer

Update by user Mar 29, 2020

3/29-Getaroom.com refunded us $182.35 of our $570 they scammed us out of bon March 2. We received an email from them stating they would refund $287.91 in 3-5 business days.

This was on March 18. We have not received said refund.

Even with that it still leaves $97.74 they owe us. HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!!

Original review posted by user Feb 28, 2020

I inadvertently call their 800 number thinking I was calling IHG-Holiday Inn-to get two rooms. I was very pleased with my hotel and have no issue with it, but I was charged $570 OVER what my rooms were, having verified this with the hotel.

I called getaroom and was hung up on, transferred to 5 different people and was told those charges were taxes and fees. NOT TRUE!! I had the bill from the hotel which by the way looked like it was charged to a MasterCard. I have VISA.

This is a scam company that is defrauding people by misrepresenting themselves as affiliated with different hotels.

I am still trying to get my $570 back and will resort to using a lawyer to sue if I have to. If I could give them less than one star below, I would!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Room Booking.

Comments

Betsy H., Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any delay.

As you can imagine, due to the impact of Covid -19, our response times are much higher than normal.

On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity. Sincerely, Getaroom

That is not true. I gave our confirmation number to every one I spoke to, which probably totaled around10 DIFFERENT persons.

You need to read your own reviews on line. I have to idea how you stay in business.

Your business is a scam. We have moved on to more serious communication regarding this situation.

We apologize for this and would like to assist further. However, without a booking number that cannot be done.

Please provide the booking # this is in reference to. At that time, a Service Resolutions Specialist will be able to reach out to you directly.

Thank you. Sincerely, Getaroom