Verified Reviewer

Update by user Nov 12, 2020

getaroom claimed to have contacted its business partner and was told that my claim does not merit consideration. It was strictly ruled by the policy and not by circumstances.

Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2020

I booked a room in June after-hour with a person named John who did not identify himself as 3rd-party, operating in Dallas. I thought I was booking with the hotel's central hub as he spoke as if he knew the layout of the hotel that I was booking.

At the end of my call, I was given a confirmation number that began with "R."

When I called the hotel on check-in date with hope to change my travel plans due to COVID, I was told that the number is not valid. I must contact the 3rd party booking first before the hotel would speak to me. After a flurry of calls and excessive long holds each time did getaroom give me a valid hotel confirmation number. This lasted nearly an hour.

Until I called, getaroom never provided a service it claimed to have done, that is reserve a room.

If I had a valid confirmation number to begin with, I would have been able to speak to the hotel directly about my reservation the next day.

I should never have to call getaroom back for clarification if the transaction was completed as John conveyed.

It took me over 5 months of back-and-forth with my credit card company to dispute the charge only to be told that the cancellation policy that I agreed to at the time of reservation with John was the obstacle to prevent a charge back.

I have since called getaroom and spoke with several people to voice my concerns, and kept on hold for over 1/2 hour each time with the excuse that it needed to review my documents. One getaroom person even hung up on me quietly when I started to explain myself.

My overall experience with getaroom is that it is shady, deceptive, and not competent in customer service.

User's recommendation: Insist on the identification of the person you are booking with. If it is getaroom, hang up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Room Booking.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Getaroom Cons: No indentification, No identification.

Comments

#1961459

Hello, We apologize for your experience and would like to try to assist further. However, without a booking or reference #, that cannot be done.

Our goal, as with all our online customer reviews, is to improve the customer service experience and the posting. Once you provide a booking # via this site, a Service Resolutions Specialist will review this case.

Thank you. Kind regards, getaroom

#1957493

Hello, Great news-Your refund has been processed! We apologize for the delay.

On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom, we thank you for the service opportunity and for your patience.

We do take our customers' reviews very seriously and we thank you in advance for re-rating or deleting your customer service experience on the Pissed Consumer site to reflect your satisfaction with the positive resolution. Sincerely, Getaroom

#1954185

For the umpteenth time, it's R201660****. One thing I neglected to mention is that you PADDED my reservation by $50+.

When asked about the excessive fees, I was given only a vague response, e.g., there are fees that are associated with booking a room.

I don't think booking directly with the hotel would have incurred such exorbitant fees. If I had known you were not a hotel rep, I would have declined your reservation.

#1949365

Our goal, as with all our online customer's reviews, is to improve the customer service experience and the posting. Once you provide a booking # via this site, a Service Resolutions Specialist will review this case.

Thank you. Kind regards, getaroom

#1951501
@Getaroom.com

For the umpteenth time, it's R201660****. One thing I neglected to mention is that you PADDED the reservation by $50+.

When asked about the excessive fees, I was given only a vague answer, like there are fees that are associated with booking a room.

I don't think booking directly with the hotel would have incurred such exorbitant fees. If I known you were not a hotel rep, I would have declined your reservation.

Getaroom Reviews