When on a road trip and needing to last minute book a room, I asked Siri while driving to call Hilton, instead I mistakenly got connected to Getaroom.com. I booked the room, thinking it was Hilton.

They were extremely deceptive in making my reservation because they acted like they were the hotel. It wasn't until I checked my email confirmation that I immediately realized I made a mistake no less than 15 minutes later. I got immediately back on the phone and called them right after. I asked for a refund since it was a mistake from less than 15 minutes ago.

They said per their policy and the hotel's policy they can't refund me. I told them that is non sense because the hotel would honor the refund and I told them I would dispute the charge either way. I then called Hilton directly and booked a room directly through them and upon check in I told them I won't be checking into the third party room. I also sent an email to Getaroom and a few days later they said that they talked to the hotel and that the hotel agreed to refund them so they would refund me.

I was like ok cool but they never refunded me the full amount of $168.56 . To make matters worse i got a random charge a couple weeks ago of $8.43. I called customer service and they told me I have to email.

I emailed three times and only got one agent sending me a copy of my bill for $168.56 when I booked the hotel a month ago. I responded asking for more of an explanation as to why my card keeps getting charged and they won't respond

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Room Booking.

Getaroom Pros: No pros.

Getaroom Cons: Deception, Deceitful practices, Keeps you credit card information.

Comments