Deceptive! While trying to find room availability on my phone, a screen comes down which looked like the hotel's site, with a number to call for reservations.

I call and book a room since I was told it was the last available, but had to give a plethora of info, everything sort of my blood-type. They would not take the hotel's club membership number though and told me to give it at check-in. We get to the hotel, the reservation is wrong and the hotel had plenty of rooms at a MUCH lower rate. I also could not register my hotel's club membership number since reservation was now through a third party.

I call Getaroom.com who will not let me cancel or give me an explanation.

They do start a "complaint ticket" for me though and I take the name of the person helping me. I call my credit card to block the transaction and find Getaroom.com had added over $60 to the rate!

I call Getaroom.com back only to find there is no one there with the name I was given.

Thank goodness the hotel knows a work-around and made a couple calls to get Getaroom.com reservation canceled. It was a mess, took multiple calls and almost 45 minutes to deal with this robbery.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments