Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user May 03, 2021

I booked a room at Days Inn and Suites through Getaroom for three nights and a few days before my reservation, I was exposed to COVID. I called the day before my reservation to see if I could get a refund and although the cancellation policy states no refunds for no-shows, I was reassured I could get a refund considering the exceptional circumstances.

I was clear that my cancellation was contingent on getting a refund and to my surprise, I was assured I could get a refund. Week and a half later, no refund. Called Getaroom again and spoke with an agent and was again reassured I would get my refund. Week later, no refund.

Called a third time, and the gentlemen I spoke with said I need written confirmation and without it, it was unlikely that I would get my refund.

Three weeks later and the third time calling I hear for the first time that I need written proof of my exposure to COVID...Ive been waiting almost three weeks now just to be told I would not get a refund when my no-show was contingent on getting the refund in the first place, something I made very clear to the agent I spoke with the first time. Waste of time, waste of money; save yourself the headache and do not book through Getaroom.

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Days Inn Room Booking.

Getaroom Cons: Misleading.

Comments

#2009272

Adam, Great news-Your refund has been set up! An email has been sent to you directly detailing this information.

We do take all of our customers' reviews very seriously and would appreciate it if you would either update your negative comments/star rating on PissedConsumer with your positive resolution or remove them.

On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom.com, we thank you for the service opportunity. Sincerely, Getaroom

#2009265

Adam, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you.

Our goal with your Pissed Consumer review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating.

Thank you. Getaroom.