Update by user Jun 29, 2021

It hasn't. I have not heard back from these scammers since this happened.

Original review posted by user Jun 29, 2021

I called the direct phone number of the hotel I was staying at. Was told I was being transfered to Guest Reservations.

Got my hotel and when I went to check in there was a charge for $88.71 for "Private Membership" The hotel said that I was not speaking directly to them but a 3rd party (getaroom) Who charged me this $88.71.

They acted exactly as they would act as I was talking to the front desk at the hotel. I was not.Do DDo

User's recommendation: Do not ever try to use Getaroom or anything else except the hotel itself or be charged outrageous fees. Also double check and ask if you are actually speaking to the hotel. When I called they said initially they where transfering me to the front desk. That made me think I was talking directly to the hotel when I was not. I was talking to this scam of a company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Room Booking.

Getaroom Cons: Act like the hotel, Deceptive call center who acts like the actual hotel, No way to reach them to speak to customer service, Cannot be refunded by hotel because impersinations by company, Fraudulant charges for a private membership fee.

Comments

#2029162

Jon, Great news-Your refund has been set up! An email has been sent to you directly detailing this information.

We do take all of our customers' reviews very seriously and would appreciate it if you would either update your negative comments/star rating on PissedConsumer with your positive resolution or remove them.

On behalf of the entire Customer Service Department with Getaroom.com, we thank you for the service opportunity. Sincerely, Getaroom

#2028652

Jon, We do apologize for this experience. A Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you.

Our goal with your PissedConsumer review is to promptly work for your satisfaction resulting in your improving the star rating.

Thank you. Getaroom.