Verified Reviewer

Resolved
1.6
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Feb 27, 2020

Matter now resolved with a full refund received this morning - many thanks !

Original review posted by user Feb 19, 2020

I was attracted by a headline web price for a Belfast hotel room of €76. I sent my payment details and was invoiced for €123 !!

Then, when you complain, they tell you that they’re sorry you’ve been disappointed but your money is not refundable.

If you complain further they just ignore you.

I’m in the process of alerting all the leading hotel chains that operate here in the UK about the potential for reputational damage if the do business with this operator.

Am also hoping to use national media to warn other consumers in the UK through the national scam alert scheme. My advice - don’t use this business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Getaroom Room Booking.

Getaroom Pros: That i have learned a lesson about deceptive reservation ads.

Getaroom Cons: Surprise exorbitant service fees.

Comments

David L., In followup, we do apologize for your experience with your reservation. In an effort to resolve your concerns and as a gesture of goodwill, we have cancelled your reservation and will be issuing a full refund back to the original form of payment.

This refund will be processed and will take approximately 3 – 5 business days to post back to your account.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Getaroom

@Getaroom.com

Full refund received today. Am very grateful.

David, We apologize for the negative experience with your online booking. Your noted booking reference number will need to be provided so that a Service Resolutions Specialist can review this and reach out to you directly.

Thank you. Sincerely, Getaroom